- R3 3-Axis
- HS 3-Axis
- Data Solutions
- WindObserver Range
- WindObserver IS
Intrinsically Safe Anemometer
- IECEx and ATEX Approved for use in Hazardous Areas
- 2-axis Ultrasonic Wind Speed and Direction Sensor
- 0-75m/s Wind Speed, 0-359° Wind Direction
- Particularly Suited to Offshore Applications
- Averaging/gusts to WMO guidelines
- Technical Info
- Get a Quote
Intrinsically Safe Anemometer for Hazardous Areas
The WindObserverIS is an Intrinsically Safe anemometer, developed specifically for use in hazardous areas and in particular for offshore applications.
The system combines the latest development in technology with Gill's considerable expertise in the production of solid state anemometers. The Intrinsically Safe WindObserver is a lightweight, robust unit, completely sealed and constructed in stainless steel.
With a low start-up speed (0.01 m/s) and no moving parts, the WindObserverIS Intrinsically Safe anemometer exhibits significant benefits over standard three cup anemometers. This Intrinsically Safe anemometer has Atex and IECeX certification to ensure the wind system may be deployed on a worldwide basis without the need for expensive local certification.
Customer selectable vector rolling average and 3 second gust in accordance with WMO - No. 8 Seventh Edition 2008 ISBN 978-92-63-10008-5.
- ATEX and IECEx certification
- Reduce offshore maintenance costs
- Low voltage or mains voltage
- Power supplies
- 0-75 m/s wind speed operation
- Galvanic isolation
- Over 10 years proven service worldwide
- Gill or NMEA digital output
- Factory calibrated for life
For Specification Click Here