The WindObserver 70 is a solid state, heated ultrasonic anemometer designed for use within the aviation industry. The sensor has been accepted for service by both the FAA Federal Aviation Administration (USA) and the CAA Civil Aviation Authority (UK) for the observation and reporting of surface wind. This WindObserver meets the requirements of Annex 3 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) when supplied as part of a suitable AWOS*.
With 150 Watts of electrical heating in the anemometer head producing 1 Watt/cm² and tested in accordance with MILSTD810F, the unit is particularly suited to operate as part of Aviation Automatic Weather Observing Systems, which are often exposed to extreme weather conditions. Manufactured from stainless steel with no moving parts the sensor requires no on-site calibration and minimal maintenance.
*Accepted by the FAA & CAA for the observation and reporting of surface wind as part of a suitable AWOS (Automatic Weather Observing System)
- FAA & CAA accepted* for airport applications
- Calibration traceable to NAMAS standards
- Heating power 7A @24VAC or DC (1W/cm2)
- IP66 rated stainless steel construction
- 0-70m/s wind speed range
- Optional base mounts/cable exit
- 0-359° wind direction range (no dead band)
- Averaging/gusts to WMO guidelines
For Specification Click Here